The project

The project will address environmental, health and productivity challenges faced by small scale rice farmers in Suriname’s coastal communities Nickerie, which are caused by current practices of fertilizer and pesticide application

The problems

  • Release more pesticide then necessary
  • No aerial service (cost are too high)
  • Backpack sprayers not efficient because of chemical drift and high exposure to chemical

The solution and innovation

The project seeks to address this problem by piloting electrostatic spraying using agricultural drones for small scale farmers. Drones are a cheaper alternative to conventional aircraft and are well suited to the terrain of small-scale rice farms

Drones versus Spraying

Image

40-53 hectares/day

Adaptability:
Strong adaptability.
Not effected by mountain, hilly terrain and paddy field.

Pesticide utilization efficiency:
15%-35% pest control efficiency more than traditional plant conservation ways, effective utilization of pesticides up to more than 85%.

Water consumption per hectare:
Adapt high pressure atomized spray system, the fog particles is much smaller.the water can be saved up to 90%

Image

0.8-2 hectares/day

Adaptability:
Crop, flower and fruit are easily damaged, trampled or dropped by human. Some high stem crops are difficult in spraying.

Pesticide utilization efficiency:
Only about 30% of pesticides are used effectively, the other 70% of pesticides do not play a role in pest control, but cause serious pollution on the ecological environment

Water consumption per hectare:
Traditional immersion jet spraying, resulting in waste of water, and most of the pesticides lost into the soil along with water.

Image

Baseline and Farmer Engagement.

  • This component will focus on establishment of field stations in Nickerie
  • Given low levels of organization Green Wings will engage farmers in collaboration with ADRON
Image

Technical Service Delivery.

  • This component will include delivery of electrostatic spraying of rice fields using agricultural drones working closely with farmers and ADRON and other agricultural agencies such as CARDI and IICA
Image

Scaling and Sustainability.

  • This component will include an assessment of the results and broader impact of the project
  • These results will inform a case study on the project for dissemination through local regional agricultural technology institutions and forums to encourage horizontal scaling in other rice producing countries

Green Wings hecht veel waarde aan zijn klanten.
Neem contact op voor meer informatie via:
GreenWingsS@gmail.com

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer adipiscing erat eget risus sollicitudin pellentesque et non erat. Maecenas nibh dolor, malesuada et bibendum a, sagittis accumsan ipsum. Pellentesque ultrices ultrices sapien, nec tincidunt nunc posuere ut. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur

Green Wings werkt samen met:

Green Born nv

Image

Inter American Development Bank

Image
© 2021 Green Wings Suriname. All Rights Reserved. Designed by www.Kant&KlaarSuriname.com